City of Fallen Angels Review

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The gang is back and the SAME as ever.  That should be a good thing, you would think.  I love Cassandra Clare and her first four books.  I collect them and I tell everyone that they're my favorite, because quite frankly they are.  However, COFA feels forced.  Like she HAD to write it.  It is very predictable.  I could predict everything that was going to happen.  Jace and Clary do STEAM up the pages a bit.  Maybe to much for young readers, but not enough for older readers.  That to feels FORCED.  The love between Jace and Clary now just feels blah to me, and I feel sorry for Simon.  Everything with Alec, Magnus, Maia and Jordan are all too predictable.  I hope the next book is better with a certain "you know who book."  I am however getting tired of Jace's sulking and acting like he does not deserve anyone or anything.

This is a book you must get through in order to finish the series.  Cassandra herself has said that Clary will never get older in the books so that means we will never see a wedding unless somehow we get to see a vision of the future.  Which is possible. The one thing I did love about the book was the mentioning of Will and how Magnus knew him.  Seems to be a love connection there of some sort and I look forward to Clockwork Prince to find out.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment