Welcome Lindsay Kendal

Pimpin' Reads would like to welcome Lindsay Kendal author of Torment and Bloodlines.  Thanks so much Lindsay.


Hi Guys and Gals,
Thank you so much for having me. My name is Lindsay Anne Kendal, although my friends call me Linz. I’m the author of the Bloodlines Trilogy. Bloodlines is now available, and the second in the series.
 Torment, will be available from November 1st.

I always get stuck when asked to do a blog post, I never really know what to talk about and I don’t want to bore people. So I thought I would think about some of the questions people ask me regularly and answer one of them.
A lot of my friends say to me “Linz, where did that story come from? What must go on in that head of yours?”
This kinda makes me laugh to myself, and some people do think I’m weird. Well the truth is... I am, and I’m proud of it. I’d hate to think people thought I was a ‘normal’ person lol. I love everything gothic, weird and wonderful, scary, supernatural and fantastical. It all fascinates me and has done since I was young girl. My friend and I used to go to the local video rental store every weekend and rent as many horror films as we could, then sit there in the dark watching them. We did it for so long, and saw so many films that sadly these days, nothing scares me or her. I now spend most of my time laughing at horrors.
I have some very strange beliefs too. I have so many of them that I couldn’t possibly start to tell people on here. Some baffle my friends and they look at me like I’m crazy, but hey, I believe what I believe.
I listen to very heavy metal music, I love Cradle of Filth. I’m not keen on the screaming, but the music is just amazing and a massive inspiration to me. It’s so hellish and haunting. When I listen to their songs I get lost in a world of fantasy. My stories play like movies in my mind, and then I go and write everything down. The song ‘Her Ghost in the Fog’ gave me the inspiration for the fight scene at the end of Bloodlines. It’s an amazing piece of music.
I think what freaks people out the most is the fact that I love nightmares. They’re brilliant. You’re probably thinking, this girl is messed up, but... my nightmares can act as inspiration. If they frighten me, then great, since there isn’t much that does. It also, to my mind, means it could frighten others. It’s my goal to one day write a novel that will scare the hell out of even the toughest people, so keep the nightmares coming.
This is the only insight I can give people into how my mind works and why. It’s a mix-up of strange, horror, weirdness all rolled into one. But I think when you write in my genre, you need to be a little bit mixed-up and weird.



Keira Jameson used to lead a normal life, she just had a gift, passed down through the generations of her family.
Now, after hearing voices, having strange dreams of others calling out to her, and her grandfather's last words haunting her, she sets out to find other families like hers. Along with her best friend Lily, the only person outside her family to know about her gift, Keira begins a hunt for her ancestors. A chance meeting with a young man, Lucian Turner, sets them on the right track, but their discoveries change the way Keira will see herself for ever more.
Fear, superstition and heritage are shaping Keira's future and she must face her enemies, even if this could mean losing her life.
Through loss and love her destiny becomes inescapable.

Torment (Releasing November 1, 2011)
Keira has been through Hell, literally..... But now she’s back, and stronger than ever!
In this second gripping instalment of the Bloodlines trilogy Keira and her friends – Lily, Lucian, Tyler, Jake and Danny – continue to try and understand their elemental powers, and protect themselves from their enemies, whose ultimate goal is to destroy them.
This time, the stakes are higher – what seems to be a demon rebellion has broken out in hell and the Earth is plunged into chaos. Their problem is, no one – not even Lucifer himself – knows who the rebel leader is. It seems only Keira, her frightened but determined friends, and a new ally – a demon named Eligos - can find out who this person or thing is, why they are suddenly causing so much bloodshed, pain and upset for everyone, and destroy them.
Bloody awesome battles, amazing feats of magic, and a stronger-than-death passion, make for an intoxicating, unforgettable read in this powerfully imagined fantasy...
I have lived in Droylsden, Manchester, all my life. I live with my parents and my younger sister, Cheryl. I never knew what I wanted to do with my life until I began writing. This is my dream. 
I get most of my inspiration from music, I’ll sit there listening to it and suddenly I’m no longer in the room. My stories play like videos in my mind, then I go and write them down.
I’m a very dark person, I love anything spooky, supernatural, or unexplainable, and so that’s the genre I want to write in for the rest of my life. I love watching scary films, although I find it very hard to find one these days that actually frighten me.


Find Lindsay at her WEBSITE 

2 comments:

  1. I find it fascinating that you use metal bands like Cradle of Filth to inspire you. My husband loves that band and many others that he drives me nuts with. After considering it, I can definitely see how that music can inspire thoughts of nightmares and violence. I've had Bloodlines on my to-read list for a while, I will enjoy imagining the possible playlist that inspired the various scenes as I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Yes Cradle have inspired all my stories. I have a soundtrack to each of them lol :)

    ReplyDelete